SWRepMatters is now open to receiving pitches and fully formed articles to be featured on the website. We want to provide a platform for those from marginalize and underrepresented groups within the fandom to have their voices heard. We would like your pitches to explore aspects of representation and diversity within the Star Wars realm, be it analysis on certain characters, academic breakdowns of the movies, or even thoughts on issues behind the scenes or fandom. Before you send your piece, take a moment to stroll through the posts on swrepmatters.com, and familiarize yourself with what we have offered in the past. You may also visit our ‘About’ and ‘FAQs’ for more information.
What We’re Looking For:
- Pitches – (250 words or less)
- Op-Ed’s – (700-1000 words)
- Features – (1500-2000 words)
What We Are Not Looking For:
- Lists or countdown articles
- Negative pieces meant to attack/incite certain fandoms (i.e. shipwars)
Follow these guidelines to improve your chances of being published on SWRepMatters:
- Include a two-sentence bio: Include your name, social media/personal url.
- Submit your post as a Microsoft doc or pdf.
- Please include up to 3 photos you’d like to utilize. Please include image place markers in your piece.
- Sharing your article once posted is encouraged, but we request attribution and a link back to swrepmatters.com when shared. Please utilize the #swrepmatters hashtag when posting on twitter.
- At this time, we cannot offer paid compensation for published articles.
- Understand that submitted articles are reviewed by our editing staff. Submission of your pitch or article does not guarantee it will be posted on the site. You will be notified of your status by our team.
Thanks for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!